Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data and providing recommendations to management. Supports the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards.
What You’ll Do
- Gather, structure, and analyze data and provide recommendations to management.
- Support the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards.
- Evaluate data to ensure accurate tax information reporting
How You’ll Do It
- Present the results of data analyses and recommendations to management and process owners.
- Partner with the business to identify appropriate data sources and analysis methodology.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of analytical tools.
- Enhance, maintain and execute SAS based tax calculator/validation tool and report results to business partners and management
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in programming with a concentration in data science, or related field
- In lieu of education, 4+ years Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or Related and Experience in Programming with concentration in Data Science, or related and 8+ years Programming with concentration in Data Science, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- 4+ years of experience in programming with a concentration in data science, or related field.
- Analytical tools such as SAS and Tableau.
- Tax / Financial knowledge
- Knowledge of Student loans
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.