Lead Financial Analyst, FP&A at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The lead financial analyst position will provide financial support for our Customer Service and Engagement department, the largest operations unit at Discover. The individual will be responsible for forecasting labor volumes and expense, providing timely financial analytics to influence decision making, helping leaders manage to unit cost targets, and reporting on actual results and changes to the forecast to leadership. The individual will gain a strong understanding of how customer service operations functions and will partner with business leaders to provide support for strategic decisions. This role requires a strong critical thinker who is effective with both people and data and able to manage competing priorities with grace and determination.
What You’ll Do
- Provide financial and business analysis support.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop profitability analyses and projections for marketing and customer segments.
- Analyze customer behaviors and product profitability trends to understand financial implications and influence actions.
- Develop and enhance financial models. Improve forecasting accuracy and drive business insights.
- Provide management with strategic advice and financial analyses for investment decisions, pricing changes, and channel and segment expansions.
- Perform competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
- Translate business opportunities and issues into financial analyses.
- Develop business cases with recommendations to management.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Master's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.