M&A Analyst (Temp) at OneSpan
OneSpan is looking for a dynamic M&A Analyst to join our incredible team. As our M&A Analyst (Temp) you will support the assessment, modeling, and execution of investments and acquisitions in the security and identity space. The goal is to identify accretive opportunities that create value for the Company's shareholders and represent prudent allocation of capital. The M&A Analyst will gather relevant data, build, and support operational models, and engage in active dialogue with the Company's executives and founders. Additional responsibilities include monitoring and sharing key trends in the industry, capital markets, and our peer universe.
- Assess acquisition and investment opportunities and provide go / no-go recommendation to executives
- Evaluate and summarize M&A prospect information discovered through marketing materials, public filings, meetings & calls, and various other sources.
- Develop operating financial models to evaluate a target’s financial projections and perform comprehensive financial valuations involving discounted cash flow, accretion dilution and support the financial and business due diligence process required for potential investments.
- Prepare summary presentations and written materials with supporting data on financial health and risks
- Manage the execution of legal agreements, including coordination with all internal and external parties
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to obtain attractive returns for shareholders
- Consolidate and analyze financial data and reports issued by Company peers
- Perform industry data analysis to summarize and structure competitive intelligence in the cannabis industry
- Interact directly with management teams and advisors
- Assist with quarterly investor and board updates and presentations
- Drive process improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitative degree
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Desired 1 years of experience in a financial analyst position within corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or principal investment (hedge fund)
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization / interpretation skills
- Willingness to hustle; we operate at a fast pace and we expect team members to keep up
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. . We believe that hiring the best talent, will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans. For more information please visit our Privacy Center