OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
Manage the daily Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA")/Anti-Money Laundering ("AML")/Fraud investigations operations and internal controls to ensure operational effectiveness and adherence to regulatory requirements. This includes:
- Manage the daily operations of BSA/Fraud staff by overseeing alert/case volumes, suspicious activity referrals and providing ongoing coaching and training.
- Be the primary resource to team members on escalated BSA/AML/fraud detection/investigative issues and provides feedback to the team.
- Oversee management responsibilities including new employee selection, employee development, performance evaluation, and corrective action.
- Be the coordinator of OppLoans Actimize BSA/AML system and other BSA/AML/fraud monitoring tools and processes as the business evolves.
- Develop unit goals and policies and procedures to meet compliance requirements and organizational goals.
- Work with law enforcement and industry and regulatory authorities.
- Monitor coordinating and documenting the OppLoans compliance with all BSA/fraud laws, rules and regulations, including the filing of all required BSA reports and notices.
- Promptly report any known or suspected violations of the BSA involving the company to appropriate authorities, and any violation of our BSA compliance program to the Board and the Audit & Compliance Committee.
- Identify and implement corrective action for any outstanding BSA/AML, fraud and OFAC compliance issues.
- Develop reporting of key metrics, KPIs/KRIs and other measurements on the effectiveness of the BSA/AML/fraud investigations process
- Work with senior management in developing strategy, business plans/goals for the BSA/Fraud team.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of technical BSA/AML/fraud regulatory and risk management requirements and shows commitment to continuing involvement in training, certification and professional organizational activities
- Remain current on security "best practices" and the latest legal and technological developments affecting the security area.
- Set and exemplify high ethical standards and hold self and others accountable for conduct
- Participate in industry financial crimes prevention and security organizations.
- 3 to 5 years BSA/AML/Financial Crimes experience or related law enforcement experience
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
- Operations Management experience required
- Exposure to financial institution AML/fraud investigations
- Demonstrated administrative, managerial, supervisory and leadership abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Certification
- Understanding of the business & financial industry
- Ability to make sound decisions reflecting good judgment
- Exceptional performance management abilities
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and work across the organization
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change with a track record of innovation
- Exceptional influencing skills that inspire action without full reliance on authority
- Strong ability to lead in the face of change and maintain a strong culture
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].