Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
The Manager, Credit Risk is responsible for driving the monitoring and evaluation of Avant’s portfolios and providing senior management with timely and insightful analysis and recommendations. This highly visible role will lead a team that will work across multiple lines of business and with associates at all levels to ensure that our highly sophisticated approaches to lending and account management remain responsible and sustainable, both for Avant and for our customers.
What you do at Avant
- Own and manage the risk management approval process for proposed initiatives that impact the credit performance of Avant’s portfolios
- Own the loss forecast and CECL processes
- Lead monthly portfolio and industry performance reviews with senior management and provide C Level management with analysis and insights used to drive business decisions
- Manage and develop associates
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments on new initiatives and projects
- Identify insights in big datasets, and develop and present recommendations
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA/BS degree with specialization in business, finance, or economics. (Masters degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in financial services or consulting with 1+ years in a management role
- Experience managing large scale projects with various stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with various project management tools, JIRA preferred
- Experience in loss forecasting, stress testing, or ALLL (preferred but not required)
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.