Manager, Finance & Analytics at Grubhub
Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for an innately-curious, data-driven, self-starting Finance Manager. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for leaders across the organization. In this role, you will partner with department Vice Presidents and senior leaders to understand the 'who, what, and whys' of their groups - working cross-functionally to dig into trends, surface value-creating opportunities and help figure out how to implement them. You will also run departmental FP&A activities - budgeting/forecasting, reporting, and variance analyses. This role reports to the Director of FP&A.
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to juggle multiple priorities, and be adept at driving decisions across multiple constituents.
The Impact You Will Make
- Monitor KPIs and business drivers for departments, highlighting trends and analyzing underlying causes of variance to goals
- Leads teams analyzing ambiguous problems, creating solvable questions and surfacing business recommendations
- Work and lead cross-functionally, partnering deeply with within finance with business intelligence, analytics, and data science as well as business leaders across the Grubhub's Corporate and Campus organizations to measure opportunities, recommend changes, and track results
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives for department leads
- Run the departmental budgeting and forecasting processes
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends, and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit for the company
What You Bring to the Table
- BA/BS in an analytical field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Sciences). Masters degree (MBA, MSF) is a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in an FP&A or analytical role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Good understanding of financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL and/or Tableau highly desirable
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected] .