Manager, Finance and Analytics
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for an innately-curious, data-driven, self-starting Finance Manager. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for leaders across the organization. In this role, you will partner with department leads to understand the ‘who, what, and whys’ of their groups - working cross-functionally to dig into trends, surface value-creating opportunities and help figure out how to implement them. You will also run departmental FP&A activities - budgeting/forecasting, reporting and variance analyses. This role reports to the VP of Finance and Analytics.
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to juggle multiple priorities and be adept at driving decisions across multiple constituents.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monitor KPIs and business drivers for departments, highlighting trends and analyzing underlying causes of variance to annual goals
- Run the departmental budgeting and forecasting processes
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives for department leads
- Work cross-functionally within Finance - FP&A/data science/investor relations - and various departments across the organization - sales/marketing/operations/corporate-business
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit for the company
You Should Have
- BA/BS or MBA from top-tier University
- 5-7 years of experience in an FP&A or analytical role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Good understanding of financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL and/or Tableau highly desirable
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.