Manager Finance at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description What You’ll Do
- Provide financial and business analysis support for Discover's Card business while leading a team of analysts.
- Leverage quantitative analyses to drive actionable insights and influence key business decisions.
- Drive revenue-generating and expense-efficiency initiatives by understanding business economics and effectively leading and influencing business.
- Develop financial projections to support planning and investment decisions.
- Provide advice and financial analyses to leadership for investment decisions, pricing changes, and the development of new products and offers.
- Monitor and assess the return on financial investments. Lead an analytical approach to proactively develop insightful financial analyses.
- Develop and lead financial planning activities, including budgeting, short- and long-term forecasting, and revenue and expense driver analysis.
- Conduct variance analysis and consolidate activities.
- Collaborate with business partners (e.g., Marketing, and Operations) to develop robust financial forecasts and drives insightful analysis.
- Continually improve and streamline standard work processes.
- Create and maintain models to understand long-term profit and loss impacts and drive business decisions.
- Perform detailed competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
- Manage a team of financial analysts to lead and execute the above activities while meeting key timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in finance, accounting, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Master's degree in business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in people management
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.