About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for leaders across the organization. In this role, you will develop strategies to minimize fraud risk across the organization, working cross-functionally to dig into trends, surface value-creating opportunities and help figure out how to implement them. This role reports to the Director of Finance.
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to juggle multiple priorities and be adept at driving decisions across multiple constituents.
- Develop and monitor KPIs and analytics for risk and payment data, highlighting trends, analyzing underlying causes, and implementing solutions as new threats arise
- Drive risk tolerance strategy, and be a thought leader internally for fraud and risk throughout the organization
- Work cross-functionally within Finance - FP&A/data science/business analytics - and various departments across the organization - legal/PR/care/technology/infosec/product/account management/operations
- Manage our software partners, understand the vendor landscape, and develop relationships with peers externally that drive insights and results
- Be creative! This is a constantly evolving field, and staying on top of it requires thinking many steps ahead
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit for the company
You Should Have
- BA/BS or MBA from top-tier University
- 5-7 years of experience in a finance, risk, or analytical role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance
- Fraud experience, preferably in an e-commerce or on-demand environment
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- SQL and/or Tableau highly desirable
And Of Course, Perks!
- Fexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]