Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at Paylocity
Paylocity has pioneered a unique position in the Human Capital Management industry as being one part payroll company one part software company. Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is in a category of its own.
This high profile position will manage a team of analysts that is responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and analysis for the operations group (Implementation, Customer Service, and other operations related groups) of the Company. The FP&A Manager works directly with the Director of FP&A to develop and execute strategic financial goals, which are then utilized to create the annual budget and subsequent monthly forecasts. The FP&A Manager will also work directly with the Accounting group to analyze monthly variances and review actual results. Results versus plan are communicated to management through monthly and quarterly slide decks with action plans developed and monitored to take corrective actions where necessary. The position will have direct communication and will partner with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the CFO. The FP&A Manager will develop and maintain long-term models related to the P&L, Statement of Cash Flows and Balance Sheet. This role also requires the ability to multi-task and to develop strong working relationships with individuals across the organization. As Paylocity is a growing organization, the FP&A Manager is also tasked with developing and hiring staff as necessary.
What you'll do:
- 40% - Develop the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, maintain financial projections
- 30% - Analysis of trends and impact on future results, further expand analysis and best practices
- 20% - Analytics and special projects
- 10% - Communication of results and projections
- Successful candidates in this role are inquisitive by nature and work to investigate and continuously learn about company practices and the competitive environment. They are forward looking and can quickly understand the important business drivers and information to help the Company be successful.
- Candidates also are careful and precise in their calculations in order that forecasts and any analysis are highly accurate and complete. At the same time, they can convey financial concepts and activity to non-financial personnel in an effective manner. Lastly, they are task and deadline-oriented and do what it takes to meet timelines and deliverables.
- The most important task is to be able to develop sound accurate financial forecasts for the company’s financial results with a high degree of accuracy as well as to correctly identify business drivers and challenges so that the organization can head in the right direction.
What you bring:
- Must have a min 3 years FP&A Management Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA and/or MBA desired
- 7-10 years in a similar role; preferably in a high growth public company environment (technology sector preferred)
- Big 4 experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with developing/maintaining operations headcount labor models
- Experience working with C-suite executives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop planning calendars and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others, including non-Finance personnel
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Experience with Great Plaines/NetSuite accounting system a plus!