Manager, Financial Reporting
The Financial Reporting Manager role is responsible for leading all aspects of the Company’s internal financial reporting process, including the delivery of financial reporting packages and key financial metric dashboards on a monthly and quarterly basis along with insightful analysis of variances and trends. This role also supports the SEC reporting process by preparing and/or reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting rules and regulations. Other areas of responsibility include researching and resolving day-to-day financial reporting issues, leading financial reporting process improvements and supporting an effective system of internal reporting controls for SOX compliance. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Accounting and Reporting, and supports the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting during the quarterly filing process.
- Leads the process to develop and deliver timely and insightful financial reporting to the business.
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including those reported in 10-Qs and 10-Ks for filing with the SEC and quarterly earnings releases.
- Prepares and/or reviews various internal financial reporting packages, including key financial metric dashboards and CET monthly financial review reports.
- Researches and resolves day-to-day financial reporting issues, and assists with the resolution of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Provides insightful financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and budget/prior period results and presents findings to senior management.
- Leads financial reporting process improvement projects to increase the overall integrity and efficiency of the monthly close and quarterly SEC reporting cycles.
- Reviews and approves certain journal entries and account reconciliations during the monthly close process.
- Provides assistance in supporting the PeopleSoft general ledger system and related reporting tools.
- Supports the investor relations/treasury department by preparing and/or reviewing quarterly earnings release documents and debt compliance certificates.
- Ensures effective internal reporting controls for SOX compliance.
- Assists in the creation of financial reporting-related policies and procedures.
- Serves as a key point of contact for external auditors.
- Supervises, coaches and mentors one financial reporting professional.
- Performs ad hoc reporting requests and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and SEC reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively research and compile data from financial reporting systems, databases, spreadsheets, and other data sources.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and appropriate skills in financial analysis, technical writing, and reporting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to work additional hours to meet periodic workload peaks and complete assignments in accordance with established deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and external parties.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
- CPA license.
- 6 years of progressive financial accounting or reporting experience.
- Public accounting experience, preferably at a Big 4 firm.
- SEC reporting.
- PeopleSoft financials.