Manager of FP&A
The Team: Morningstar’s Finance team is responsible for planning, forecasting, and analyzing the company’s financial results. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support our strategy and growth initiatives and help make informed business decisions to create value.
The Role: Morningstar’s Financial Planning and Analysis team seeks a Manager of FP&A to support Morningstar’s Investment Management Business. The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Through our investment offerings, we serve financial advisers and institutions, and the investors that they serve. In this role, you will be an important strategic partner to our business and provide critical financial analysis and decision support to help achieve our business objectives. You will work closely with finance, various business operations, functional areas, and corporate accounting functions to understand and resolve financial issues. In addition, you will regularly interact with senior management or executive level on matters concerning the business line. This position reports to the Director of FP&A and is based in our Chicago office.
- Leads others within the business and finance team in projects and analysis efforts.
- Effectively interact with business to help lead budget, planning and forecast formulation and execution.
- Leads monthly reporting by gathering and analyzing data, actual/projections variances and providing information with insights.
- Acts as a key resource to business leaders , assisting in modeling, business case / project analysis, and any other ad hoc requests.
- Proactively proposes and develops solutions to business issues and looks for opportunities to improve processes.
- Manage more complex or special projects from beginning to conclusion.
- Creates presentations and regularly presents analysis and insights to senior leadership.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an accounting or related position with a bachelor’s degree;
- MBA preferred; CPA or CFA a plus
- Candidates should be highly motivated team players with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Base knowledge of asset management business.
- Ability to aggregate and analyze data, manage in a team environment.
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills required; knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle and Hyperion is preferred.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application materials.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity