Manager, Global Payment Operations at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Our Global Payments team is responsible for ensuring clients from anywhere in the world can pay, and freelancers located anywhere in the world can get paid. The future of work cannot happen without the ability to move money. Given our tremendous growth over the past year, we are expanding our team and are looking for a Manager of Global Payment Operations to help support our Payment Operations & Chargebacks teams.
Specifically, we are looking for a self-starter, who will be responsible for analyzing our operations and chargeback data to identify patterns, discover process improvements / efficiencies, respond to customer inquiries, review and assist on escalated issues from our Payment Operations & Chargebacks teams.
- Support the management of the Payment Operations & Chargeback teams on site and remotely
- Improve team efficiency and accuracy
- Meet service levels
- Improve win rates
- Minimize refunds and chargebacks
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Act as the payment operations and chargeback subject matter expert for the team and company
- Handle escalations from the Payment Operations & Chargeback teams
- Work with our third party payment processors to resolve any issues impacting our operations
- Review and approve daily and weekly Ops reports
- Analyze trends and identify insights to improve rebuttal winning rates
- Partner with our Payments Strategy team to implement and execute projects
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce payments processing and knowledge of the payment card industry
- Strong logical thinking
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of results in a clear and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound judgement and ability to recognize and deliver improvements to team
- Exceptional analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, with the ability to generate insights and action plans from data
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects / responsibilities
How to really knock our socks off:
- 3 - 5 years experience in ecommerce payments processing and knowledge of the payment card industry
- You have a passion for empowering people around the world and helping customers succeed
- Your strategic and creative thinking enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- Strong willingness and self-discipline to contribute to a team
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.