Manager Internal Audit - Financial Controls at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description
The Manager, Internal Audit - Financial Controls is an outstanding position within McDonald's Finance organization that allows an individual to gain broad exposure to key financial operations throughout the world. McDonald’s has undertaken a number of finance projects, which together, enable a global finance transformation. This position will have two main areas of direction:
1. The Company’s program ensuring effective controls over their financial reporting (SOX 302 and 404)
2. Leading the Internal Audit & Controls (“IA&C) resources that support Global initiatives - Systems, Processes and People.
You will be responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of the Company’s SOX audit activities completed in the US, Corporate and Internationally:
- Annual audit prioritization and program development
- Coordination and communication across audit functions and global markets
- Timely tracking of audit engagements/audit observations
Other responsibilities include:
- Limited (i.e., less than 10% of total time) involvement in the operational audit plan, including management of a few audits each year
- Execution and Management of Fraud Risk Assessment Program
- Execution of the Markets’ Self-Assessment Program
- Management of internal and third party resources
- Direct Interaction with Global Stakeholders - Area of the World Leadership and Market Finance Management with periodic interaction with the Audit Committee to the Board of Directors.
An individual must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven ability to lead through influence and effectively run through complex issues and relationships
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including skill in presenting
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, co-sourced staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Ability to work in different environments and cultures and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Sound judgment, integrity and commitment to ethical behavior
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, proactive and assertive
This individual will lead all aspects of the management of the Company's worldwide financial control assurance program (SOX 404) including:
- Develop a strategy and function that appropriately considers the relevant and evolving business, regulatory and financial risks facing the global organization and provide guidance and direction to Management on optimal solutions in the area of financial reporting, systems and processes.
- Assess and anticipate organizational risks from current and changing business practices, systems, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws. This includes monitoring, assessing, and analyzing organizational risks and controls, validating information and auditing for compliance. Identify problematic areas and provide insight to the organization on the impact of non-compliance.
- Coordination of a risk assessment model to evaluate risk and establish audit priorities in the area of financial reporting and processes.
- Communicates audit issues to Executive management, external auditors, and the Audit Committee
- Reports at least annually to McDonald’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer on the effectiveness of the company’s controls over financial reporting.
Furthermore, you will also lead all aspects of Internal Audit & Controls involvement in emerging areas impacting financial reporting such as:
- Global Shared Services transition activities
- Steering Committee – emerging accounting pronouncements
- Other emerging regulations and trends
- Minimum 8+ years of meaningful experience.
- Experienced positions in multiple functional and/or geographical areas preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing business strategies, creation and management of annual budgets and complex projects preferred.
- Experience in reporting to Senior Management required.
- Big 4 audit firm experience preferred. In lieu of audit experience, extensive and relevant experience in the areas of financial reporting, processes or controls will be considered.
- CPA required, CIA, and / or MBA desired.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS and PCAOB standards required. In depth understanding and experience in SEC reporting desired.
- Opportunity to travel up to 20%.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.