Manager, Internal Audit at GoHealth
The Manager, Internal Audit, is responsible for executing and managing assigned audits and delivering timely, high quality, value-added assurance results in support of internal audit objectives and scope. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be a knowledge leader who consistently demonstrates a solid grasp of audit, project management techniques and people development, while delivering high quality, value driven work products in a timely manner and building sustainable, collaborative professional partnerships across the enterprise. As part of a new public company, the Manager will also be responsible for identifying financial and operational risks, designing internal controls to mitigate such risks, and planning and conducting internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. This position will also be responsible for managing the relationship with the co-source internal audit provider and the external auditors.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Perform an annual financial risk assessment to determine SOX processes and systems scope
- Work with IA management team to develop overall annual risk-based audit plan and manage resources to ensure timely completion of audit plan
- Plan and lead multiple SOX and other business process audits for the year
- Document, maintain, and test design & operating effectiveness of management’s internal controls over financial reporting
- Manage quality, accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of audit engagements and deliverables to ensure timely and objective assurance around financial controls
- Identify balanced, practical and risk-based corrective actions and engage management for ownership and completion with a focus on risk prioritization and improving underlying processes
- Communicate audit plan, status, and audit results both orally and written to management and track remediation of audit observations
- Manage the relationship and liaise with the third-party internal audit service provider
- Establish strong relationships with management and external auditors
- Serve as the primary management contact for internal controls over financial reporting
- Evaluate risks and key control activities to determine process improvements
- Develop team members by driving the talent management process, providing supervision, timely feedback, development opportunities and support
- Effectively interact with personnel at all levels, exercise discretion on confidential matters, and work independently
- Understand and comply with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Maintain strong working knowledge of governance and risk trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA or CIA required.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience such as similar role in a publicly traded company or public accounting firm.
- Public accounting or public company experience preferred.
- Significant SOX 404 experience and knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Strong relationship builder who knows how to proactively identify opportunities or problems, facilitates understanding and solution development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with executive presence, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to diverse audiences including senior executives and the Board of Directors.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to direct and control overall organizational resources.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC