Manager, Investor Relations at Tribune Publishing
The Manager of Investor Relations, maintains and improves relations and communications between the organization and the investing public, shareholders and financial professionals to enhance the standing of the organization's stock and debt. This role develops, maintains and enhances working relationships with institutions in the financial/private community that hold, or may hold, the organization's stock or debt. Additionally, he/she monitors changes and trends in investment markets and determines appropriate strategy.
Has primary responsibility for developing, maintaining and enhancing close working relationships with institutions in the financial community that hold, or may hold, the organization's stock or debt.
Maintains and improves relations and communications between the organization and the investing public, shareholders, financial analysts that maintain coverage on the organization and financial professionals to enhance the standing of the organization's stock
Monitors and assesses changes and trends in investment markets and determines appropriate strategy
Responsible and accountable for the creation and presentation of a consistently delivered investment message to the investment community, employees and the public on behalf of the company
Monitors and presents input and opinions of the investment community to management regarding company performance
Ensures the development and monitors performance of investor relations plans
Responsible for maintaining and creating relationships with NASDAQ and all shareholder proxy rating firms
Oversees the creation and production of annual reports, SEC filings, proxy statements and the like
Organizes annual shareholder meeting, road shows, earnings conference calls and investor meetings.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate investor experience
- Thorough understanding of financial investment markets and business strategy
- Viewed as key investment leader
- Preference for individual that has worked as a sell-side analyst
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with VPs and C-levels
- Ability to manage a number of responsibilities and initiatives simultaneously
- Team leadership and team player abilities and qualities
- Ability to think creatively when problem solving for new solutions
- Comfort with ambiguity and adept at providing analytical structure around ambiguity
- Requires occasional travel