Manager Sales Finance at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Finance team partners with the business to provide data-driven decision making and empower the company with insights about the business. As the Manager of Sales Finance, you will contribute to sales planning and financial reporting, Sales compensation and sales policy/deal review process. You will make a significant impact within our growing organization, including the development and management of Sales performance analysis, including the unit economics, and the cross-functional Sales compensation. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional upside for you, with your true passion for turning data and compensation processes into a strategic asset that scales with the company.
- Business partner with the sales leadership team to build the sales business plan
- Project manage the execution of Sales compensation accruals and payments with cross-functional partners in HR and legal
- Provide mission critical financial reporting sales capacity plans, quota analysis, commission KPIs
- KPIs framework and business metrics for board of director reporting
- Own the pricing, sales, territory and commission policy for the Enterprise sales team
- Model new Enterprise deals
- Own the sales forecast
- Develop a direct report
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 8 years of sales finance, sales operations, sales commission analysis, and/or sales experience
- Experience in building revenue forecasts and business plans for sales-driven models
- Ability to collaborate across functional areas within an organization
- Experience with financial, operational and data visualization systems such as Oracle, Salesforce.com, Looker, Domo, Anaplan
- High proficiency in Excel - building financial and decision support models
- Experience with Google Apps
- Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great attitude, willingness to perform and get things done.
What’s really unique about you:
- You understand marketplace / consumptive business models
- You have a passion for the future of work without limits and the freelancer economy
- You understand the growth drivers of a B2B company, with customers that range from small business to large enterprise
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.