Manager Sales Tax at Paylocity
The Indirect Tax Manager’s main responsibility will be the management and supervision of filing of the Company’s sales tax returns in 40+ states, property tax compliance, audit defense, and indirect tax planning.
What you'll do:
• Manage and mentor a staff of tax professionals, including managing assignments to maximize productivity and developmental opportunities.
• Provide training to team for technical and professional development.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to build process efficiencies, increase information sharing, and drive opportunities for tax savings.
• Manage monthly sales & use and property tax compliance, including review of tax work papers and returns, and monthly reconciliations of tax accounts.
• Assist with implementation of tax engine with ERP and billing system, and manage ongoing maintenance.
• Manage indirect tax audits and coordinate satisfaction of information document requests.
• Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement within the compliance process, especially with respect to utilization of technology.
• Establish and monitor use tax self-assessment process
• Manage responses to tax notices from various governmental agencies
• Monitor and manage changes in tax legislation, update management and team about discovered modifications and impact to the business, and manage implementation of law changes into tax planning and compliance
• Review other miscellaneous governmental filings
• Other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Accounting , Finance or related field
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
• 2+ years of supervisory experience, preferred
• Vertex or Avalara experience, preferred
• NetSuite experience a plus
• Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
• Highly organized and able to multitask within a deadline-driven environment
• Forward thinking and creative mindset with excellent analytical skills #SH