Manager, US Payroll Tax Operations at NielsenIQ
Manager US Payroll Tax Operations
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen, it is important for us to be connected in many ways. Our US Payroll Tax Operations manager works cross-functionally with areas of HR, Tax, and Legal to drive compliance with US payroll remittance, reporting, and filing obligations related to local, state, and Federal tax laws.
We also have opportunities to be connected with overseeing third-party vendor(s) that supports the registration and/or closure of employment tax localities as well as the withholding, filing, remittance as well as preparation of payroll tax returns.
- Ensure the organization's compliance with local, state, and Federal tax withholding, remittance, and reporting. This also includes working closely with appropriate teams to ensure appropriate tax withholding methodologies are applied to employee equity, non-cash compensation, and supplemental compensation.
- Manage third-party vendor(s) that are responsible for the administration of the registration or closure of employment tax authorizations as well as the remittance and reporting of payroll tax. Guarantee all tax remittances, filings, and returns are accurate and accomplished on time to reduce tax obligations.
- Primary contact for payroll tax-related issues, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues where considerable judgment is required. Coordinate and supervise the development and implementation of action plans to address issues or findings. Review summaries of process control findings, present issues to management.
- Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by audits (both internal & external). Functionally identify, plan, and execute procedural improvements in relation to the payroll tax to enhance as well as promote effectiveness, efficiency, compliance, and accuracy.
- Stay current on legislative and industry changes that affect US payroll tax withholding, remittance, or filing obligations.
- Understanding Taxation around benefits administration, Understanding processes of mass data changes for employees information and impacts on payroll operations.
- Any Experience working on mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures and impact on payroll operations.
- Experience leading teams in payroll reconciliation and working with Finance teams to ensure payroll is properly and timely accounted for.
- Providing leadership and working with IT support organizations in maintaining and upgrading SAP HCM system and experience working with tax calculations Softwares like BSI.
- Familiarity and ability to run payroll reports with the SAP Payroll or related Payroll Taxes ERP's is highly preferred
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your ability to work in a fast-paced environment, you have the opportunity to improve our internal US payroll tax processes. Your approach to US payroll tax processes and regulations and how Nielsen currently executes will provide the organization opportunities to streamline and improve various activities, ensure the organization is compliant in a rapidly changing environment, and potentially reduce the likelihood of tax audit issues.
- Five years or more of domestic payroll and payroll tax knowledge, multi-state and multi-company preferred.
- Strong knowledge of applicable rules and regulations surrounding payroll tax as well as application systems knowledge
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP's (particularly related to payroll and workforce administration)
- Strong ability to read, comprehend and analyze intricate regulatory payroll tax information, including having a comprehensive understanding of payroll tax and the statutory environment, for Federal, local, and state tax regulations.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, coaching, organizational, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills applied in a constantly changing fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading, managing, or working with both offshore teams as well as third party vendors preferred.
- Process improvement or simplification experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, related field or equivalent experience. MBA or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.