ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
Reporting to the future Director of Revenue Operations, the Manager, Variable Compensation & Capacity Strategy will be responsible for working with the leadership team to develop variable compensation plans to ensure they are driving desired business outcomes and delivering necessary capacity to deliver against company and team targets. This newly created role will work with leadership across all customer facing roles where variable compensation is leveraged and will partner closely with finance to ensure the compensation strategies align with departmental targets and budgets globally.
What your day could consist of:
- Partner with Sales leadership, FP&A and Accounting to model and design team incentives, productivity metrics and expectations - including the design and optimization of sales territories, roles, responsibilities, rules of engagement, discounting policies and approval matrices
- Lead efforts related to target setting, sales incentive compensation planning across AC’s global Revenue departments including direct sales, partner/channel sales and customer renewals
- Administer and scale AC’s variable compensation systems, processes, policies, analytics and calculation operations to ensure accurate and timely payment of sales incentive compensation
- Partner with HR & Talent Acquisition on headcount planning
- Manage ad hoc compensation analyses and processes
- Drive operational efficiencies by automating and improving processes, tools, and dashboards that scale as the business expands globally
What is needed:
- 6+ years in sales compensation or relevant experience in sales operations or finance; must have SaaS experience
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing global sales compensation plans
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Demonstrable knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, OTEs, etc.)
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Self-starter who enjoys driving business impact and operational efficiency
- Outcomes-oriented approach to sales and sales operations with corresponding experience managing key metrics for success
- Strong business acumen, strong reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description