Operations & Finance Lead at Amper Technologies, Inc.
Amper is a growth-stage startup that is transforming the manufacturing industry. We provide simple and powerful tools that help manufacturers better understand and manage their operations.
We have created a new role to lead Operations & Finance at Amper.
As the Operations & Finance Lead at Amper, you will be responsible for evolving our systems and processes across the company to keep up with our growing customer base. You will be working closely with the CEO to develop operational initiatives that inform internal improvements and drive company-wide scalability. This role is essential to maintaining a high quality of the customer journey and will afford you the opportunity to work closely with every component of our business, including the product team and investors.
What will you be doing?
You will be a counterpart to the CEO and will be responsible for a variety of tasks across operations, finance, and strategy. Some examples of projects and responsibilities you will execute on are:
- Establish process and execute on tracking internal operational metrics
- Review operational data to identify key issues/opportunities for improvement
- Update, document, and implement processes across all subteams
- Work directly with the CEO on investor relations and related tasks
- Structure and assist with finance operations, from A/R to SaaS metrics
- …. And a whole lot more. You will be the key operations role at the company in addition to a key executive role
Who are you?
The Operations & Finance Lead role is focused on execution, and the ideal candidate is extremely driven and detail-oriented. The qualities mentioned below will help you succeed in this role:
- 2-5 years of experience in an operations, finance, or consulting role
- Excited to wear multiple hats and be part of a growing startup
- A high-level of discipline and execution, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working on financial models and assisting with finance operations
- Ability to communicate metrics effectively to the management team and have thoughtful conversations about operational challenges and plans
- Comfortable taking unstructured problems and creating, maintaining and improving structured processes
Some reasons you might like working with us:
- We are a cross-functional team that thrives in collaborating and supporting colleagues
- Our vision is massive and we have the team, technology and customer base to support that growth
- We have an insanely talented team that is fast-paced and each in the top of their field
- We believe that building Amper is a marathon and not a short sprint and we support a balanced life
- You get to learn a lot very quickly and we trust you to operate with freedom in achieving your mission
If this role seems like a fit, we would love to learn more about your experience and goals.
Our team is passionate about making manufacturers succeed by providing simple and powerful tools to better understand and manage their operations. We replace the "clipboard and paper" with a real-time analytics tool that helps reduce downtime and focus limited resources on things that matter. Innately, we are builders - we love understanding how things are made and, unsurprisingly, love being hands-on in building things ourselves - whether it's our product, customer success journey or our sales process.
Amper is backed by leading venture capital firms like Slow Ventures and SOSV, as well as top entrepreneurs and angel investors. We are based in River West, Chicago IL and our loft-style office has views of the Chicago skyline.