DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an Operations Specialist, you’ll provide support to a group of trading desks based in Chicago. This is an opportunity to solve challenging problems while working closely with experienced traders, researchers and software engineers to optimize operational workflow and use the right tools and technology for the job.
- Provide operational support for several of the firm’s fixed income, currency and commodities trading desks
- Trade capture for all products related to the desks’ activity: futures/futures options
- Trade and position reconciliation with the firm’s clearing houses and brokers
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture, inventory management, treasury management, and risk management systems necessary to support the desks’ activity
- Act as process owner for current functionality and provide critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes:
- Gain strong understanding of traders’ individual risk management tools and provide support for related traders’ needs
- Upgrade and support traders’ tools to effectively utilize technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Interface with technology to improve tools where they fall short of meeting the desks’ needs
- Adopt, integrate, and promote new technology as it becomes available
- 2-3 years of experience in front office, middle office, back office or risk management roles working with exchange-traded and over-the-counter products and derivatives
- Previous experience supporting fixed income, currency or commodities products
- Experience with futures, futures options, and/or FX preferred
- Strong MS Excel experience required; previous Python experience highly preferred
- Previous experience with SQL and VB/VBA preferred
- Substantial prior interaction with the front office and senior management in an active trading environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or another quantitative field or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and synthesize and implement solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency using fixed income industry software is a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.