Part Time: Tax Specialist I - Tax Notice Resolution and Amendments at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Location: Schaumburg, IL, Lake Mary, FL and Nashua, NH
Reports To: Manager, Tax
- Ability to identify and comprehend root cause of tax notices
- Mitigate exposure to penalty and interest assessments
- Resolve 85% of notices in less than 21 days
- Achieve designated weekly quota
- Demonstrate knowledge to communicate effectively, internally, and externally, regarding tax issues
- Identify notice trends and report to Tax Managers
- Create and file tax returns and amendments
- Ability to review and understand Amended Tax Return Packages for clients
- Communicate information related to basic taxation issues to internal partners designated to managing client relationship
- Keep up-to-date on latest developments as they affect tax regulations and policies
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Employment Tax or Compliance field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Payroll or Accounting field
- Experienced with Enterprise Employment Tax Software Tools
- Ability to learn and maintain new process proficiency
- General knowledge of federal and state employment tax legislation
- Basic understanding of internal tax department processes
- Familiarity with the entire operating concept of all systems, including Master Tax and Web Pay
- Experience navigating multiple government agencies and ability to understand regulatory language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Basic payroll tax knowledge
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred or progress toward certification desired
- Payroll service bureau experience desired
- Intermediate Excel skill desired
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Support Analysts are currently working remotely. Support Analysts will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Tax Team is currently working remotely. You will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.