Payroll Accountant at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Payroll Accountant In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Payroll Accountant to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the VillageMD Finance team, you will partner with our Payroll Manager to help support processing payroll for our rapidly growing workforce. VillageMD has seen its employee base grow tremendously over the last 2 years, which has propelled our need for additional payroll support. As a growing company we are seeking a Payroll Accountant that seeks to innovate and improve payroll processes and operations.
How you can make a difference
- Analyze, prepare, and input payroll data
- Utilize ADP WorkforceNow system to produce accurate and timely payrolls
- Work collaboratively to coordinate the ADP integration process and ensure efficiency of payroll process.
- Maintain integrity of payroll records and accuracy of payroll data for financial statement reporting
- Coordinate with Talent Operations to resolve issues and implement ongoing process improvement for employee onboarding, record updates, and terminations
- Assist with payroll journal entries and cost allocations
- Assist in maintaining and processing reports in Concur for travel and expense reimbursements
- Prepare and file tax and deduction reports including: 401(k) contributions, SUI, L&I, FIT withholding, FICA, and others as required
- Track and maintain organization 401(k) program, including working with the company’s, 401(k) management company and third party administrator
- Research and respond to inquiries from employees regarding payroll, 401k or travel and expense reimbursements
- Assist in annual audit of VillageMD’s 401(k) plan
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 2-5 years of experience processing payroll
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow or other ADP products preferred
- Strong sense of organization and interest in creating and driving process
- Ability to work and over communicate with employees and external contacts
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and integrity
- Strong desire to learn and grow within a fast-growing company and Accounting organization
- A true problem solver, and desire to produce solutions
- Team oriented, and genuine excitement for accounting
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.