VelocityEHS is looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented team-player who is well organized and has the skills required to assist in all aspects of payroll in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and have the communication abilities to work across multiple departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for inputting & processing payroll using Ultipro for US (semi-monthly/multi-state) and Canadian (monthly) employees
- Ensure accuracy and compliance within the payroll database including new hires and changes relating to pay rates, deductions, tax withholding and reporting, W2s, garnishments, direct deposits, electronic payroll feeds, etc.
- Establish and maintain all relevant state/provincial/local accounts, withholdings and required filings
- Responsible for completing verifications of employment, wage verifications and support orders
- Assist employees with payroll related inquires
- Responsible for generating and distributing all payroll/employee related reports both internally and to external agencies
- Prepare and file Canadian tax filings and payments on a timely basis
- Reconcile and verify tax returns on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepares annual reports and verifies W-2’s/T-4's
- Assist with Sales Incentive calculations.
- Reconcile monthly billing statements against payroll deductions
- Provide other support to Finance and HR as assigned
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years or more experience processing multi-state US and/or Canadian payroll
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Highly skilled in use of excel spreadsheets
- Self-directed, highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality concerning employees, business and other sensitive data
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with Ultipro HRIS full product suite including Cognos reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We also have the best office in the city, complete with a rooftop and game room. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.