Payroll Manager at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a full-time Payroll Manager to join our Shared Services function. Reporting to the Sr. Manager HR Operations, the ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful candidate will be a critical leader for any Payroll projects and initiatives. Leading two Sr. Payroll Specialist they will ensure that both semimonthly and bi-weekly payrolls are processed on time and accurately. They will work closely with other HR Operations and People functions on numerous initiatives and will be responsible for ensuring adequate payroll processes and controls are in place.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely and accurate Payroll for semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll, which includes performing appropriate analytics and review of each payroll run, proper system set up/maintenance for Payroll and GL accuracy, and submission of bank and tax files by the required deadlines.
- Manage growing team currently consisting of 2 Senior Payroll Specialists who perform both semi-monthly and bi-weekly Payroll processing; assist as needed.
- Ensure compliance with IRS and local jurisdictions by supporting the processing of tax payments, resolving resulting tax fallouts, and reviewing and approving quarterly/annual tax filings.
- Oversee the processing of all unique payroll items, special bonus payments, Senior Level benefit payment and other fringe benefits to ensure they are processed timely and accurately.
- Work cross-functionally with HR Operations and People teams to optimize the payroll process, including assessing and documenting processes and implementing process improvements.
- Serve as business owner of the payroll and time tracking modules of ADP Time and Attendance, and supporting the time tracking questions for Kimble a Saleforce timekeeping product.
- Act as key internal point of contact for questions, administration, implementation of upgrades/new features
- Respond to, investigate and resolve employee inquiries re: payroll, paychecks and W-2s
- Prepare, approve, and issue annual W-2s
- Provide guidance to Finance and Accounting as needed regarding payroll activity posted to the GL, cash flows, and review submissions as necessary for the annual plan and monthly projections for payroll and benefits
- Provide support for audit, tax and legal requests as needed
Multi-Jurisdictional Payroll and Tax
- Assist with Registrations of state and local taxes
- Review all employee resident/ work address changes and determine all associated tax changes (state, SUI, local) and assist with updating profile accordingly
- Set up new tax jurisdictions and legal entities in payroll system
- Update all payroll tax rates including unemployment and workers’ comp
- Quarterly and annual tax statement review including W2’s
- Primary contact for federal, state and local agencies on all payroll tax items
- Experience as a Payroll manager, including in-depth knowledge of multi-state payroll taxation
- End-to-end payroll processing experience using a major payroll system
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, dependability, and consistency
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience leveraging HR technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, with advanced excel skills
- Prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the capability to prioritize tasks and work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with other Shared Services and Line departments
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Payroll Management
- 5+ years’ experience in a multi-state, multi-company Payroll function
- Well versed in multi-state, multi jurisdiction compliance regarding payroll taxes
- ADP WorkforceNow Experience a plus
- Payroll System Implementation Experience
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.