Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year. Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has entered into a Mortgage Origination Joint Venture with Realogy called Guaranteed Rate Affinity.
Guaranteed Rate Affinity originates and markets its mortgage lending services to Realogy's real estate brokerage and relocation subsidiaries across the country. Guaranteed Rate Affinity also markets its mortgage lending services to a broad consumer audience while leveraging its end-to-end online platform to drive growth in those markets.
Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Payroll Specialist in our Chicago, IL office to join our innovative and passionate team.
- Assist in processing of semi-monthly payroll and commission processing through ADP Workforce Now and Time & Attendance.
- Manage entering data in ADP along with integrity maintenance.
- Manage garnishment process.
- Assist team members with escalated payroll-related inquiries such as: payroll deductions, wage garnishments, child support payments and employee compensation/commission inquiries.
- Assist with tax agency notices.
- Assist Payroll Manager to address any issues or projects.
- Review processes and take parts in improving it.
- Assist in monthly close activities, including updating payroll journal entries and spreadsheets. Prepare monthly reporting used for Financial Statements.
- College Degree – Accounting and Finance preferred
- 1-3 Years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
- Loan Vision system experience helpful but not necessary
- ADP Workforce Now and ADP Time & Attendance experience helpful but not necessary, we will train
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Innovative problem solver with strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented, Self-starter, & Quick learner
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Proficiency in communicating via email and phone necessary
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.