Payroll Staff Accountant at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible, and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We leverage a tested model of care that combines value-based contracting, data-driven decision-making, ancillary services development, and the capital needed for success.
As an integral member of the VillageMD Finance team, you will partner with our Payroll Manager to help support processing payroll for our rapidly growing workforce. VillageMD has seen its employee base grow from 300 to 1,000 employees in 2 years, which has propelled our need for additional payroll support. As a growing company we are seeking a Payroll Staff Accountant that seeks to innovate and improve payroll processes and operations.
What you might do in your first year as a Payroll Staff Accountant:
- Analyze, prepare, and input payroll data
- Utilize ADP WorkforceNow system to produce accurate and timely payrolls
- Work collaboratively to coordinate the ADP integration process and ensure efficiency of payroll process.
- Maintain integrity of payroll records and accuracy of payroll data for financial statement reporting
- Coordinate with Talent Operations to resolve issues and implement ongoing process improvement for employee onboarding, record updates, and terminations
- Assist with payroll journal entries and cost allocations
- Assist in maintaining and processing reports in Concur for travel and expense reimbursements
- Prepare and file tax and deduction reports including: 401(k) contributions, SUI, L&I, FIT withholding, FICA, and others as required
- Track and maintain organization 401(k) program, including working with the company’s, 401(k) management company and third party administrator
- Research and respond to inquiries from employees regarding payroll, 401k or travel and expense reimbursements
- Assist in annual audit of VillageMD’s 401(k) plan
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- 2-5 years of experience processing payroll
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow or other ADP products preferred
- Strong sense of organization and interest in creating and driving process
- Ability to work and over communicate with employees and external contacts
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and integrity
- Strong desire to learn and grow within a fast-growing company and Accounting organization
- A true problem solver, and desire to produce solutions
- Team oriented, and genuine excitement for accounting
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.