At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Under the direction of Tax Management, this role will execute all Federal tax reporting. The specialist will implement any changes in Federal tax regulations effecting reporting and deposits, resolve any issue related to reporting and deposits as well as maintain compliance for federal forms and returns. The specialist will serve as subject matter expert for Federal tax-related payroll questions.
- File all federal quarterly & annual federal tax returns and tax forms on behalf of our clients timely and accurately
- Year-end processing comprised of reconciling and verifying all box totals, earnings and deductions, to ensure accurate W2, 1099, 1095C reporting
- Transmit periodic test files to ensure data integrity and analyze results to reduce filing errors
- Forecast and strategize to set quarter-end/year-end goals and milestones
- Identify and intervene on high priority tax notices (failure to file and underpayments) and provide resolution of these notices directly with IRS or SSA
- Participate in Industry Agency Relations groups (IRS RAF Team, NPRC, etc.)
- Provide recommendations to remain compliant on federal tax filing, federal deposits, and federal forms reporting (W-2, 1099s, 1095C)
- Collaborate with Tax & Compliance Management Team to execute with operational changes required by legislative changes
- Manage escalated issues and be able to facilitate solutions to improve overall client experience
- Communicate complex issues and preventative measures with Upper Management
- Mentoring and ongoing training with team members
- Other related responsibilities at the discretion of management
Experience and Skills Required:
- 7+ Years Payroll Tax Compliance or Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Taxation or related field desired
- Enrolled Agent (EA) desirable
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desirable
- IRS or State Agency Experience Preferred
- Previous Exposure to Payroll, Banking or Tax Software desirable
- Payroll service bureau experience
Bench marking the Best:
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Independent Self-Starter
- Customer service focused
- Outgoing and engaging
- Relationship building
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.