Payroll Tax Supervisor at SurePayroll
Leads and is accountable for day-to-day Tax activities. Ensures accurate and timely filing of all Tax payments and filings. Ensures the correct deductions have been withheld from payments in order to fulfill local and regional regulations. Maintains strong internal customer relationships by handling team member questions and concerns with accuracy, sense of urgency and professionalism. Demonstrates strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot customer problems.
- Oversee the execution of Tax activities (i.e. Quarter/Year end, Monthly calendar of events, projects, etc.) on time, every time for assurance.
- Deliver accurate and timely management of all payroll tax payments and filings, including customer support of varying complexity, to mitigate potential liabilities.
- Perform all aspects of personnel management including recruiting/hiring, supervision, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals/objectives and terminations to ensure all department needs are met consistently. Provide leadership and guidance to support team member training and development.
- Educate team on tax concepts, regulatory changes and tax laws, including pro-actively monitoring and driving issues to quick resolution for customer satisfaction.
- Interface with Federal and State tax agencies and other third parties to resolve issues that may arise, in partnership with Compliance to mitigate risk.
- Maintain system integrity and validation of time and attendance to ensure compliance of labor laws.
- Develop staffing plans and establish work schedules. Prioritize staff workloads to maintain published service levels and resolve customer escalations to ensure operational excellence.
Req Number CUS-19-02682
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3 years of experience in Payroll/Tax.