Pricing Analyst, Zoro
Location: Buffalo Grove or Chicago
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
Pricing Analysts are encouraged to experiment with new tactics and make modifications to pricing tools and processes. This is accomplished by applying a unique blend of skills including data mining, analytical programming, process design, and creative problem solving. Top candidates demonstrate past experience creating new tools and models that can be used across the organization.
Pricing Analysts are expected to work collaboratively across Zoro departments including Analytics, Finance, Marketing, and many others. As a core functionality of Zoro’s business, pricing helps drive the success of multiple projects and initiatives. A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to understand Zoro’s unique business objectives and anticipate how pricing can be used to achieve Zoro’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & Maintain complex models used to predict the impact of pricing actions
- Perform financial analysis of anticipated pricing actions for various scenarios
- Work on cross-functional teams to understand changes in Zoro’s competitive market
- Use strong communication skills to present findings and build support for pricing initiatives
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, or similar field is preferred
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Pricing, Analytics or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with SQL, R, and Python is a plus
- Proven history of applying problem solving skills when working with limited data & resources
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.