Principal E-Business, Text & Push Channel at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Join the team driving innovation for how Discover communicates with our mobile centric customers. This role will be responsible for driving change and new thought leadership for text and app push 1:1 channel strategies and business operational framework. Looking for candidates who can effectively collaborate cross-functionally for providing solutions in a wide variety of use cases while ensuring an operational sound and best in class experience.
Responsible for developing, owning, and advancing the strategic vision and road map of the text and app push messaging channel to grow Discover’s market share of e-commerce and emerging payments volume. Responsibilities include defining the channel’s product features, positioning, business terms, and user experience.
- Identifies prioritizes and roadmap for text and push channel digital platform enhancements, including cross-platform integration for text and app push channels, real-time decisions and processes efficiency to drive speed to market and increased relevance.
- Acts as enterprise SME for text and push channel rules, strategies, operational framework and best practices.
- Partners with agency and business partners on solutions to capture initial and incremental text and app push channel permissions/preference.
- Ensures end to end channel experience using best practices from initial permission capture to ongoing messaging and campaigns across the enterprise.
- Anticipates and responds to evolving industry and digital marketing trends and technologies for texting and app push communication channels.
- Partners with product owners, business partners and sourcing teams for new solution REPs, vendor evaluations, POCs, and technology updates.
- Manages marketing text and push platform vendors to unlock full capabilities of the platform and execute per plan.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of current end-to-end text and app push digital marketing technology stack spanning internal and external capabilities. Undertakes opportunity analysis of digital platform functionality gaps and under-utilized capabilities.
- Maintains in-depth expertise in the fast evolving marketing technology landscape.
- Leverages DMS best practices to drive improvement and innovation for Campaign Reform (barometer, standard work, huddles, etc.), if applicable.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Communications, Business, Computer Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Technology, Project Management, Marketing Operations, Communications, Digital Communications, Digital Content Publishing, Web Development and Design, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Product Development, Mobile & Digital Payments, eCommerce, Digital Wallets, Cloud Wallets, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Communications, Business, Computer Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Development, Mobile & Digital Payments, eCommerce, Telecom-Wireless Industry, Digital Wallets, Cloud Wallets, or related field
- Experience building channel and campaign strategies for text and app push messaging
- Understanding of TCPA, CTIA and Mobile operation rules, regulations and requirements
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.