Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for providing financial and business analysis support for one of Discover's business units.
- Drives revenue-generating and expense-efficiency initiatives by understanding business economics and effectively leading and influencing business.
- Develops financial projections to support planning and investment decisions. Provides advice and financial analyses to leadership for investment decisions, pricing changes, and the development of new products and offers. Monitors and assesses the return on financial investments. Leads an analytical approach to proactively develop insightful financial analyses.
- Develops and leads financial planning activities, including budgeting, short- and long-term forecasting, and revenue and expense driver analysis.
- Conducts variance analysis and consolidation activities.
- Collaborates with business partners (e.g., marketing, and operations) to develop robust financial forecasts and drive insightful analysis.
- Continually improves and streamlines standard work processes.
- Creates and maintains models to understand long-term profit and loss impacts and drives business decisions.
- Performs detailed competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.