QC Credit Auditor/Post Close - Remote at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages, and unparalleled customer service we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big and push to go beyond what most people believe to be possible. We strive to deliver a world-class customer experience by strengthening our referral partner relationships and hiring the best employees for the job. Headquartered in Chicago, Guaranteed Rate employs over 5,000 people in more than 300 offices across the U.S. Thousands of homeowners have entrusted Guaranteed Rate to help them purchase their homes. In the past year, we’ve funded more than $37 billion dollars in home purchase loans and refinances.
Perform in-depth Quality Control reviews of closed mortgage loan files for compliance with applicable Agency guidelines and adherence to specific lender guidelines. This review includes income and asset analysis, credit and debt recalculation and appraisal review. Audit all origination, processing, underwriting and closing documents and reverifications for accuracy and adherence.
- Analyze individual loan files and determine compliance with applicable lender guidelines.
- Review and analyze employment documentation for completeness and re-calculate income for accuracy per guideline requirements.
- Review and recalculate asset documentation per guideline requirements.
- Appraisal review for guideline and USPAP compliance and title documentation review.
- Review and evaluate Audit re-verification documentation received.
- Maintain currency on all changes to Agency guidelines including FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA, as well as specific investor requirements and guidelines.
- Independently research relevant Investor guidelines from the company’s internal intranet site and/or AllRegs.
- Participate in Continuing Education webinars, seminars and training on a monthly basis as required by the QC Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the QC Manager.
- 4 years’ recent underwriting or QC reviews of current origination with exposure to both manual and automated underwriting environments
- Must have strong knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC conventional guidelines, as well as FHA, VA and USDA guidelines
- Experience with JUMBO loans and self-employed income analysis is desirable
- Strong knowledge of FHA/VA appraisal requirements and documentation
- FHA 203(k) and VA Renovation experience a plus
- Ability to navigate and research all investor policies, including specific Internal and Investor overlays
- Ability to communicate audit results in a clear, professional manner
- Ability to meet department quota expectations without sacrificing quality reviews
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent time management skills with an emphasis on quality
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Must be self-motivated and able to work remotely in a team environment while thinking independently and sharing knowledge and ideas
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-JS1