Quality Assurance, Sr. Auditor at OCC
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and is dedicated to promoting stability and financial integrity in the marketplaces that it serves by focusing on sound risk management principles is seeking an Internal Audit (IA) Quality Assurance (QA) Senior Auditor to support the quality assurance efforts and confirm adherence to professional practices for the IA function. As the OCC is designated as a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU) indicating critical importance to US financial markets, the role will need an understanding of multiple standards, financial regulations, and professional requirements.
- Developing, managing, maintaining, and executing a quality assurance methodology and processes aligned with Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and Federal Reserve (FED) supervision and regulation letters (e.g., SR 13-1).
- Complete Quality Assurance reviews, identifying thematic issues and root causes, and propose alternatives by partnering with IA Management to develop achievable solutions.
- Review and evaluate audit work papers to ensure they accurately support the work performed and conclusions reached, in accordance with department and IIA Standards.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of department policy, procedures, standards, and supporting technologies to identify potential risks or creative alternatives to mitigate risk exposure.
- Confirm audit procedures are designed to effectively and efficiently assess relevant controls to support an opinion for the engagement.
- Propose changes to the Audit Methodology, incorporating updates to the IIA standards and FED supervision and regulation letters.
- Keeping current with leading practices in the audit profession and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Aiding in the development and monitoring the annual training plans for the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of leading practices and trends in Internal Audit.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques involved in conducting audits in accordance with the requirements set forth in the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), FED supervision, and regulatory letters.
- Experience with IA QAIP.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts, and prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including the ability to handle potentially sensitive situations and discussions.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a complex, fast paced environment required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word) skills.
- Experience in Financial Services/Security Industry and working with regulatory organizations such as: Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Federal Reserve preferred.
- Proficiency using Archer or other audit/GRC software.
- Knowledge of Tableau, ACL, or other data analytics tools preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant fields including Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum of five years of audit experience in conducting risk-based operational and compliance audits and projects, business process reviews and internal audits across regulated environments.
- Experience with an IA QA Program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with leading effective process change management.
- Experience in financial services/ regulated capital markets infrastructure. Experience with an exchange, regulator or clearing house desirable.
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.