Quantitative Analyst (Financial Product Specialist) at Morningstar
Work closely with Corporate Communications and Manager Research team to handle incoming research and data requests for data-driven analysis (35%). Generate original investment research with the goal of improving outcomes for our clients (20%). Analyze large data sets and condense complex information into concise, relevant, and easy to communicate results (15%). Assist in the development of production applications that incorporate numerical techniques such as linear algebra, machine learning, statistics, and optimization (10%). Assist in the implementation and maintenance of statistical software applications, research databases, and other data products (10%). Act as a subject-matter expert in multiple investment topics such as equities, fixed income, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, etc., as well as company’s proprietary methodology and data points (5%). Represent the work of the quantitative research team to internal stakeholders and external clients (5%).
· Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or financial discipline.
· 2 years of relevant experience in the financial or investment services industry.
· 2 years of experience with relational databases, including SQL.
· 2 years of experience working with mutual fund and equity data.
· 2 years of experience with scripting and common data cleaning techniques.
· Experience with Agile software engineering practices.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, including use of macros and VBA programming.
· Experience with statistical methods.
· Academic or work experience with statistical software, linear algebra, optimization, and information visualization.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity