Quantitative Execution Trader at DRW
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Quantitative Execution Trader, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology as part of a team focused on building a liquidity business in the Energy Options space. You will work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and quantitative researchers to develop trading strategies and ensure optimal system performance. This role will primarily specialize in voice trading with a variety of counterparties.
- Represent DRW in our outward facing trades with brokers and counterparties
- Inform, develop and execute desk strategies to provide liquidity and make proactive trading decisions
- Identify, evaluate and realize new market opportunities and revenue streams
- Adjust approach based on market factors to capture unique opportunities
- Suggest improvements to the systems and coordinate across roles to prioritize development efforts
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and trade behavior to team members
- Contribute to all aspects of the trading desk activities including position reconciliation, risk management tasks, and post trade analysis
- Generate feedback on trade performance to refine strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or Computational Finance (or equivalent)
- Experience as a Trader or Trading Analyst trading complex derivatives, preferably options
- Ability to understand and reason about complex distributed trading systems
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment under pressure
- Entrepreneurial drive to build and improve
- Must be motivated, dependable, and responsible
Nice to haves:
- Series 57 license
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or C++
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.