Quantitative Research Analyst
The Team: The Investment Research team supports Morningstar Investment Management through investment and product development methodologies, economic and investment insights, and published research and thought leadership. Team members include financial investment experts, mathematical / statistics experts, economists, and financial planning experts with advanced degrees.
The Role: We are looking for a Quantitative Research Analyst to aid in the development, maintenance, implementation, research and innovations around our investment methodologies. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Developing and/or implementing investment methodologies relating to time-series models, risk factor models, portfolio optimization, dynamic programming, Monte Carlo simulation, and econometric models.
- Refining the implementation of current methodologies.
- Conducting research in areas of quantitative investment such as asset allocation, portfolio construction and risk management.
- Analyzing financial time-series and cross-sectional data.
We are looking for a self-motivated and meticulous individual, who is passionate about quantitative methodologies, investments, capital markets and technology. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative background, strong analytical skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of finance and economics (beyond the introductory levels of college work), and a strong background in programming. Good writing and oral communication skills are important. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver, be able to work across multiple teams, and understand the broader goals and products of different divisions within the organization.
The individual would ideally possess one or more of the following academic and professional qualifications:
a) A master’s degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as financial engineering, econometrics, math, statistics, computer science, engineering, or physics.
b) CFA designation (or in the progress) is a strong plus.
Specific skills and competencies:
- Programming languages: Matlab, R, SQL, Excel/VBA.
- Working knowledge of time series analysis and statistical methods.
- Working Knowledge of Monte Carlo simulations and optimization techniques.
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity