Relationship Manager (Digital Payments) at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Digital Payments Relationship Manager will assist in the development of new and existing partnerships throughout the digital enabler segment. These partners span the digital commerce experience, encompassing functions such as Payment Facilitation, IoT, SaaS, MaaS, and more. This segment bridges the gap between legacy payment experiences and new solution providers that solve critical business issues in verticals such as transportation, transit, micro-mobility, and in-vehicle payments. The role will primarily focus on Tier II and Tier III partner types. As a part of these efforts, the role will also manage projects that require qualification, identify and collaboration of outreach to the vastly growing new players in digital through managing reporting and insights. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: driving transaction volume growth and market-share improvement, and ensuring consistent implementation of Discover value-added products.
The Relationship Manager role is responsible for leading the acquiring, business development and client management efforts for enablement partners. He/she establishes relationships with enablement partners to maximize acceptance transaction volume growth and market-share, and ensures the implementation of company value added products. He/she also executes on strategic initiatives and marketing programs in support of broadening the acceptance footprint.
- Partner internally and externally to identify, develop and implement new business opportunities.
- Ensure enablement partners accept network cards and that they include all appropriate company products in their offerings.
- Present and execute marketing and promotional initiatives to increase transactions, grow market-share and improve merchant stated awareness, acceptance and product offerings.
- Implement and support operational initiatives and ensure full compliance with Discover Network’s Change Release processes, compliance and business practices
- Consult with other client facing teams within Discover to assist in supporting their client needs for mobile, digital and integrated payments
- Partner with enablers to identify new business development opportunities
- Provide coaching and guidance to team members
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time, including some overnight travel
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Sales/relationship management, business development, strategy, operations, project management or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Sales/relationship management, business development, strategy, operations, project management or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Sales/relationship management, business development, strategy, operations, project management or related
- 4+ years of successful and proactive payments/FinTech industry sales/relationship management experience with focus on payments industry technology
- 4+ experience in developing and executing marketing programs to foster growth in B2B and B2C engagements
- Exceptional relationship management and consultative sales skills and proven experience building deep and influential relationships with key stakeholders, executive level clients and internal business partners.
- Understanding of payments, knowledgeable about the acquiring industry and key business functions: planning, strategy, marketing, finance, operations, etc
- Persuasive acumen and the ability to think “out of the box”
- Passionate about growth and being a change agent throughout all of DGN
- Ability to produce and deliver influential presentations (internal & external)
- Project management, business analysis, interpersonal and communication skills.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.