Risk Manager – Commodities
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for a commodities risk manager to join the DRW Risk Management team. Our team oversees a set of widely diversified, global trading activities, including growing energy and agriculture trading teams.
DRW’s Risk Team acts as an independent check on our trading desks. Each risk manager is responsible for working with a set of assigned desks to parameterize their specific risks, measure and monitor trading activity.
- Experience in market risk within the commodities space
- Knowledge of energy and agriculture derivative markets
- Experience trading and managing risk in complex options portfolio preferred
- Experience in other asset classes helpful
- Strong communications skills
- Some programming capabilities
- Degree in a STEM field helpful
- Location: Chicago or Houston
- Experience with physical energies, specifically North American crude and refined products