SEC Reporting & Accounting Analyst
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The SEC Reporting Analyst will report into the Assistant Controller and work closely with the Manager of SEC Reporting. The ideal candidate has public accounting experience with exposure to SEC filings and a strong knowledge of GAAP. In this position you will be spending approximately 40% on Reporting and 60% on Accounting functions.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Assist in the monthly consolidation of financial results to ensure results are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and Company policy
- Participate in the preparation of the SEC quarterly and annual filings (10-Q and 10-K), including preparing supporting documentation and reviewing disclosure requirements
- Assist with the administration and accounting for Company’s equity-based compensation plans
- Work closely with the IT department to consolidate, prepare and analyze the Company’s capitalizable internally developed technology costs
- Perform various month-end close activities including account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Prepare various accounting memos and assist with accounting policy and internal control documentation
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
- CPA preferred or eligible
- 1-2 years of related work experience at a top tier national public accounting firm
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills required.
- Proficiency in excel.
Got These? Even Better:
- Public company audit experience
- Familiarity with Intacct and Active Disclosure
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.