Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
The Role: As a Senior Accountant, you will play an integral role in all aspects of financial reporting, including Morningstar`s global consolidated financial statements, SEC filings, earnings releases, and board reports. This position reports to the manager of financial reporting. This is a full-time position and is based in our Chicago office.
• Primary responsibilities include preparing accurate, timely, and meaningful financial information and analyses.
• Developing disclosures and supporting documentation for all SEC filings.
• Researching new and existing accounting standards that apply to Morningstar`s business.
• This position will also participate in efforts to streamline financial reporting processes, including those related to our global consolidation.
• Analyzing financial information and translating it into concise reports will be a key component of this role.
• Strong organizational and documentation skills are required, especially with regard to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance.
• Candidates must have a strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP including SEC reporting requirements.
• Your ability to manage numerous projects concurrently and to assume additional responsibilities over time will be critical success factors in this role.
• Other desirable traits include a willingness to understand the unique aspects of our business and culture, and a passion for getting the details right.
• Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management financial consolidation software is a plus.
• A CPA is required and three years of public accounting experience is preferred.