Senior Accountant - Revenue at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for a hardworking, ambitious accountant to support its growing operations in Chicago. This position will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting functions and month-end close process.
- Responsible for overseeing revenue recognition process, including reviewing contracts for accounting implications
- Driving the month-and and year-end close process, including preparation of monthly journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and performing inquiries / reviews.
- Reviewing and analyzing GL transactions and accounts
- Preparing materials for financial and tax audits
- Supporting day-to-day accounting functions (A/R & Revenue such as invoicing, collections, and payment applications)
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis to support finance leadership requests
- Driving continuous improvement in Accounting processes
- Working cross functionally with other departments and building strong relationships with external vendors and customers
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in accounting role, preferably within finance, consulting, or tech
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced MS Excel skills (Logical Formulas, Lookups, Pivot Tables)
- An eye for the details, and the ability to deliver accurate output in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with managing multiple work streams
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and technical accounting areas
- A champion for data accuracy and quality for the Accounting team
- NetSuite or Intacct experience a plus