Senior Accountant at Rocket Travel, Inc
Rocket Travel Inc., a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is looking to add a Senior Accountant to our Accounting Team at the Rocket headquarters in the West Loop of Chicago. In this role, you’ll work alongside our growing Accounting team to facilitate general accounting duties related to month-end close, AP/AR processing, taxes, and other ad-hoc requests. Web-savvy, energetic, and analytical individuals with a solid business/accounting background that are willing to be proactive and apply other skills and talents toward the company’s collective goals, are encouraged to apply.REQUIREMENTS
Duties and Requirements
- Prepare or review monthly account reconciliations for various B/S and P/L accounts and corresponding journal entries, depending on the complexity of the account
- Oversee timely processing and reconciliation of invoices and statements for payment, as well as timely issuing of invoices and statements for receivables, including follow-up on outstanding/past-due balances when necessary
- Work with staff accountant to process employee expenses, confirming compliance with expense policy and proper approvals for timely reimbursement to employees
- Work with third parties to ensure timely tax filings and calculations
- Assist with internal audit and other ad-hoc requests from Corporate
- Assist with special projects as needed, contribute new and creative ideas to improve processes
- Show a positive attitude and willingness to work and communicate on a small team
- Business-related degree is required (with a preference for Accounting; CPA is a plus)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of Excel required
- Prior experience with state and local taxes is a plus
- SQL (or Chartio) experience strongly preferred
- Oracle experience strongly preferred
We think the ideal candidate
- Displays overall well-roundedness and attention to detail in order to pick up duties quickly with accuracy.
- Shows an analytic approach to problem solving, and can make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Is entrepreneurial and able to take ownership.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days.
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health and dental insurance, and travel benefits
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of the Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.