Senior Accountant at IMC Trading
LIFE AT IMC AS SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to be a part of the US Finance Team. The Finance team operates closely with our trading and technology teams in order to manage the liquidity required to run a high performance organization.
As a Senior Accountant at IMC, you will....
- Take ownership of the monthly close process by delivering consistent and accurate closings.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Assist in accounts payable and treasury management processes.
- Document and deliver support for various regulatory and financial audits.
- Manage inter-company recharges and allocations.
- Update and maintain procedural documentation.
- Collaborate with mid-office and analytics teams to produce reliable and timely reporting.
- Facilitate process improvement to reduce closing cycle time.
- Support various tax initiatives and deliverables.
- Contribute to the annual budget cycle.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification required, public accounting experience a plus
- 3-7 years of experience in the financial services or technology industry
- Experience with Workday Financials, NetSuite, Dynamics GP or similar ERP system.
- High proficiency in Excel required, Qlikview, SQL experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- A proactive attitude and an out of the box-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.