Senior Accountant at Tempus (Chicago, IL)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This position will support growing lab operations in Atlanta and North Carolina, and be based in our Chicago office. Reporting to the Controller, this position will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting function and month-end close process.
- Assist and / or manage various accounting related functions including, but not limited to
- Revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, and state and local tax compliance
- Coordinate with lab operations and point of contact for operational issues and implement process improvements
- Drive the month-end and year-end close process including preparation or review of monthly journal entries, reserves and accruals, reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and performing reviews to ensure accuracy and configuration of systems
- Partner with corporate accounting team on company wide project initiatives (e.g., system implementations)
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams, external vendors, and customers
- Prepare or review supporting documentation for audits
- Work cross functionally with IT and project managers to automate revenue process
- Create, document and maintain financials accounting principles and procedure to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Up to 10% travel to southeast Tempus offices in Atlanta and Raleigh
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3+ years of experience in Accounting
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Willingness to work cross-functionally to understand and obtain necessary data
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Netsuite Experience a plus