Senior Accountant at OppFi
Helping the Everyday Consumer Build Financial Health
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to offer accessible products and a top-rated experience to everyday consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
OppFi is a team of caring and innovative individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work everyday and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you'll be responsible for daily and monthly accounting duties, including the preparation of month-end account entries, review of accounting entries performed by staff accountants, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Assist with the month, quarter and year-end close processes, ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies and procedures, including:
- Preparation of month-end journal entries
- Review entries performed by Staff Accountants
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform procedures to understand the drivers behind changes
- Assist with the Company's upcoming Credit Card product, including:
- Implementing and documenting accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation of daily accounting entries necessary to record activity
- Assist with the preparation of financial information for license renewals and state examinations
- Assist with the assessment and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Evaluate financial policies and procedures and suggest process improvements
- Assist with coordination of external audits
- Perform accounting related projects as requested by management
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred and master's degree in accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting or public accounting
- Experience with US GAAP and financial reporting
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel functionality, including pivot tables and v-lookups
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].