Senior Accountant at SpotHero
Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is a Senior Accountant @ SpotHero?
SpotHero is looking for a Senior Accountant to be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team, working closely with all departments. This position will report to the Controller and lead all revenue processes, play a vital role in the month end close, and assist with assorted tasks including, but not limited to, financial reporting and process improvement and implementation. This role will maintain the general ledger around revenue, deferred revenue, and receivables and ensure data integrity in addition to providing much needed support in the day-to-day accounting operations. This is truly a great opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, be consistently challenged, and to develop one’s skills in all aspects of accounting.
What you will get to do
- Daily and monthly revenue reconciliation across multiple channels and sources including refunds, promotions, discounts, and gift card reconciliations
- Own the Accounts Receivable function including billing, collections, customer reporting, and resolution of disputes for fleet partners and revenue share agreements
- Conduct monthly account analysis and reconciliations, accruals, and monthly closings
- Perform and continually improve routines, systems, and procedures, with a high emphasis on process efficiency and data integrity
- Assist management with audit and tax requests
Who you are:
- You are Organized - You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- You are Diligent - You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- You are Dynamic - You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- You are a Team player - You are a collaborator and passionate about supporting a high performing team.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience with accounting software. NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in use of BI tools such as Looker
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and month end close processes
- Experience interpreting complex legal contracts and applying accounting concepts
- CPA is a plus
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you & hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.