Senior Accountant at SpotHero
SpotHero is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team, working closely with all departments. This position will report to the Controller focusing on technical accounting matters and special projects, along with process improvement and implementation. This role offers an opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, be consistently challenged, and to develop one’s skills in all aspects of accounting.
Sound like your jam? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Who we are
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will get to do
- Prepare journal entries, month end reconciliations and analysis for capitalized software and equity compensation transactions. Perform testing procedures in accordance with accounting policies and partner with FP&A on planning and analysis of related accounts. Provide related support during the annual audit.
- Develop and maintain documentation for technical accounting matters as applicable to Company’s operations, author work papers, support development of policies and procedures.
- Support Controller in communicating and operationalizing policies and procedures within finance and accounting team and more broadly within the business
- Perform and continually improve routines, systems, and procedures, with a high emphasis on process efficiency and data integrity
- Partner with Controller on business process re-design and project management by working cross-functionally and in support of Company’s goals
- Play a key role during the annual audit and during preparation of GAAP financial statements
- Manage the company's compliance including business registrations, annual report filings and other matters as assigned
Who you are
- Organized - you have great follow through on tasks and superior project management and organizational skills.
- Diligent - you are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic - you embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Team player - you are a collaborator and passionate about supporting a high performing team.
What you bring to SpotHero
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance along with 3+ years of accounting experience. Bonus points if you have a CPA or public accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and month end close processes
- Experience interpreting legal contracts and applying technical accounting concepts
- Working knowledge of ERPs, such as NetSuite or anything similar
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and project management skills
What we offer
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance. 401K Match.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Flexible WFH arrangements - We know these are uncertain times and our employees’ health and safety is number one.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.