- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Responsibilities can include:
- Ensure accuracy of expenses, journal entries, deposits, & disbursements.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Post invoices, journal entries and cash receipts.
- Reconcile accounting issues.
- Assist in monthly close activities.
- Assist accounting supervisor and manager.
- Lead and support team members.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Understand & maintain leases and agreements.
- Data entry & filing.
- Special projects as needed.
- 3-5 years accounting experience (A/P, A/R, and/or purchasing/asset management)
- College degree
- Leadership experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Superior communication skills via email and phone
- Detail oriented, self-starter, & quick learner
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Encompass & industry experience helpful
- AMB or Loan Vision accounting system experience helpful